Х. Досмұхамедов атындағы Атырау мемлекеттік университеті
Psychological Service of Atyrau University
them. H. Dosmukhamedov
The psychological service of the University began its work in January 2022.
A helpline also functions in the structure of the Psychological Service
The psychological service of the university is a system of psychological support for the educational process, which aims to create favorable conditions for learning and personal development of students.
The main tasks of the Psychological Service:
- timely and relevant support for students in a state of conflict, unstable psychological, educational or other traumatic situation, in a state of emotional crisis (problems of socialization, adaptation and rehabilitation of students who find themselves in difficult living conditions);
- prevention, prevention of negative behavior of young people from socially disadvantaged strata under the influence of the current unfavorable situation;
- assistance in students' awareness of their own intellectual, personal, spiritual and physical resources to overcome the crisis and continue an active civil and personal life;
- psychological telephone counseling of youth, parents, curators of student groups and teachers on the issues of socialization and personal development of a student, relationships in the process of study;
- identification of conflict zones, "hot spots" in the student environment, current trends in the youth subculture that require adjustment.
Functions of psychological service:
· organization of psychological assistance to students and teachers;
· analysis of the psychological climate in student groups and the causes of frequently occurring (typical) difficulties (especially the reasons for students leaving the university);
on learning problems (difficulties with the assimilation of material, the formation of educational skills, the organization of educational activities, etc.);
personal problems (emotional overload, conflicts with teachers and peers, increased anxiety, phobias, failures in personal life, etc.);
· conducting test surveys; a complete psychological examination of first-year students with the identification of areas of potential difficulties arising due to personality characteristics, cognitive sphere or the level of training of a particular student;
· preventive work (prevention of psychological problems).
Our address: Main building, 1st floor (English space), 135
Working hours: Monday - Friday from 9.00 to 16.00