Lead scientific schools
SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL COUNCIL
LEAD SCIENTIFIC SCHOOLS
Scientific and technical council
In accordance with the Charter of Atyrau State University named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov and the Regulations on Science Department, the governing body of scientific and technical, scientific and organizational and research activities at the university is the Scientific and Technical Council of ASU named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov.
The main tasks and functions of the STC ASU named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov are:
- Elaboration and implementation of the development strategy of scientific and technical, scientific and organizational and research activities of the university;
- Organization and coordination of basic, search-applied, scientific research in the field of natural-technical and social and humanitarian sciences;
- Development of the main directions of implementation at the university of the Development Strategy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, recommendations for the implementation of SRW results in production, management and marketing of scientific developments;
- Organization and coordination of the university’s interaction with other research institutions and manufacturing enterprises, international foundations and organizations supporting science and education;
- Analysis of the organization and coordination activities at the university of Students’ scientific research work (SRWS), activation of forms and methods of involving students into the research process;
- Organization of events to promote and share the scientific achievements of the university (exhibitions, publishing);
- Coordination and monitoring for activities of scientific research centers (RC);
- Analysis of the financial condition of the SRW of university and effective search for extra-budgetary sources of funding.
Lead scientific schools
Scientific Academic School of Mathematics
Professor T. Barsay
Scientific Academic School of Physics and Mathematics
Professor T.A. Karazhigitova
Scientific academic school of pedagogical and psychological direction
Professor K.B. Seitaliyev
Scientific academic school of environmental direction
Candidate of chemical sciences G.B. Tulemissova
Scientific research institutes
Institute of Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan
Director of Institute of Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Historical Sciences Kydyralina Zhanna Urkinbayevna
Institute of Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan opened in Atyrau State University named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov on 3 February, 2015. The Institute is a structural subdivision of the university and serves as a dialogue platform, on the basis of which meetings of the scientific expert group and the council, various events contributing to the strengthening of inter-ethnic and interfaith harmony, ideas of tolerance, and stability in society are held.
The Institute performs a multidisciplinary function as a research, methodological, socio-educational, expert-analytical institute for the study of processes in the field of interethnic interaction, popularization and development of the Kazakhstan model of social harmony and unity of the nation. The activities of the institute in implementing the program of spiritual modernization of the society “Ruhani zhangyru”, strengthening the values that unite the nation, also carries an ideological function.
The ANK Institute at the university is intended to contribute the implementation of the tasks of state ethnopolitics on the formation of civic identity and Kazakh values, consolidation of the nation, ensuring inter-ethnic and interfaith harmony, and introducing students to the culture of the multi-ethnic people of Kazakhstan.
The Institute carries out its activities in close cooperation with the Secretariat of the Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan of Atyrau Oblast and MPI "Kogamdyk Kelіsіm" of the regional akim's office, the regional House of Friendship, ethno-cultural associations of the region, jointly with which scientific educational, social and cultural events, actions aimed at preserving and strengthening of civil peace and inter-ethnic tolerance are planned. It also cooperates with the department "Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan" of the Eurasian National University L. Gumilev and NGO "Association of Chairs of ANK" of the republic universities as methodological centers and similar structures of other higher educational institutions of Kazakhstan.
· educational and methodical, ;
- implementation of research studies, projects on the ethnonational sphere issues;
- organization, holding and participation in scientific conferences on the issues of the institute’s;
- creation and organization of the scientific and methodical association activities at the institute from among the higher-education teaching personnel of the university and members of the public on the study of processes in the field of interethnic and interfaith relations;
- providing scientific and methodological assistance to the Assembly of the Nations of Kazakhstan in the Atyrau region to improve the content and forms of work of the ANK Secretariat of the region, the Scientific Expert Group under the Secretariat of the ANC of the region, ethnocultural centers of the region, advices to state and public organizations and institutions of the region on communal relations;
- carrying out educational work among students to strengthen inter-ethnic harmony and interfaith tolerance;
- popularization of scientific and educational-methodical developments informing the general public about scientific achievements in the field of ethno-political research.
Since the end of September 2018, the Institute of the Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan of Atyrau State University has resumed its activities with the appointment of the Director of the Institute, D.I.H. Zh.U. Kydyralina. A new impulse to the work of the institute is given by the President’s Message of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the people of country dated October 5, 2018 “Growth of the welfare of Kazakh people: increase of incomes and quality of life”. On October 6, 2018, on the website of the Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan, under the heading “The Public of Atyrau Oblast discusses the President’s Message”, the response of the Institute’s Director of ANK of Atyrau State University Zh. Kydyralina was published, and on October 12, 2018 in the republican newspaper “Liter” there was an article by the Director of the Institute of ANK ASU named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov Zh. Kydyralina “Personnel Solves Everything” regarding the implementation of priority tasks in the development of human capital, innovations in science and education at Atyrau State University. From 10 to 14 October 2018, the Director of the Institute of the ANK made a report at the International Scientific Conference "Confessional Policy of the Soviet State in the 1920-1950s" from the cycle "The History of Stalinism" in Velikiy Novgorod.
From 16 to 28 October, with the support of university management, an introductory visit was made by the Director of ANK Institute to the leading universities of Astana and Almaty to establish institute’s effective work and study the advanced experience of the centers’ work “Ruhani Zhangyru”, research centers and departments of ANK at the ENU named after L.N. Gumilev, Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kazakh Agrotechnical University named after S. Seifullin, KazNU named after Al Farabi, KazNAU, KazNPU named after Abay. The Director of the Institute took part in the work that took place on October 25-26 at ENU named after L.N. Gumilev XV International Eurasian Scientific Forum "Actual issues of studying the historical and cultural heritage of the peoples of Eurasia", meeting of the National Congress of Kazakhstan Historians, as well as in the work of the joint working group of Kazakhstan Historians and Russian scientists of the Institute of Anthropology and Ethnology named after N.N. Miklukho-Maclay of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the preparation of the volume "Kazakhs" of the multi-volume ethnological series of the Russian Academy of Sciences "Nation and Cultures". The Director of ANK Institute participated in the meeting of the Central Asian Scientific Expert Council on the topic “Kazakhstan and Central Asia: Ethnosocial Processes and Ethnocultural Dialogue” on October 30, in Astana. The Director of ANK Institute Zh. Kydyralina on October 31, made a report at the plenary session of the International Scientific Conference in Almaty, in KazNPU named after Abay "Political repression in the Central Asian countries in the years 1937-1938".
On November 2, the Director of ANK Institute participated in an enlarged meeting of the Scientific Expert Council of the Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan with the participation of the State Secretary of the Republic of Kazakhstan, members of the SEC ANK, and Department Heads of ANK universities of the republic.
In September-October, under the coordination of the Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan Institute, the participation of scientists, doctoral students and graduate students of the university in the republican competition of research projects was organized, dedicated on the Kazakhstan model of social harmony, as well as in the implementation of ANK project “Kazaktanu”. November 16 in the regional House of Friendship honoring the winners and prize-winners of the competition was held, including the scientists of Atyrau State University named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov.
The republican events of the Assembly of the Nations of Kazakhstan will be held on November 26-28 in the Atyrau region, devoted to the Kazakhstan model of social harmony and unity of the nation and the implementation of the project “Kazaktanu”. A number of events will be held within the walls and complex of Atyrau State University.
The ANK Institute of Atyrau State University is planning to organize the activities of the scientific and methodical association of university scientists, the council of young scientists and the student scientific community from among researchers engaged in ethno-national issues, holding conferences, competitions and other significant events to implement their main functions.
Research Institute of Mathematics and Applied Technologies
Director of IMAT, D.p.m., Professor Mukhambetzhanov Saltanbek Talapedenovich
The Research Institute "Mathematics and Applied Technologies" (MAT) is a university-wide department, created for the activity purpose: planning, organizing, coordinating and providing research, assisting university departments in preparing highly qualified scientific personnel, designing, developing and implementing the results of scientific research and development work in the relevant branches of production and the educational process of the university, aimed at raising and stabilizing the economy of Republic of Kazakhstan.
Scientific and educational function (approval of the work plan, professional development of specialists, organization of conferences, seminars;
Development and strengthening of the material and technical base of the university to ensure the educational process and scientific research;
The main focus of MAT work is a planning, organizing, coordinating and providing research, assisting university departments in preparing highly qualified scientific personnel, designing, developing and implementing the results of scientific research and development work in the relevant branches of the production and educational process of the university aimed at raising and stabilization of the economy of Republic of Kazakhstan
The main objective of the “Institute of Mathematics and Applied Technologies” (IM & AT) at the ASU named after Kh. Dosmukhamedov is a planning, organizing, coordinating and providing research, assisting university departments in preparing highly qualified scientific personnel, designing, developing and implementing the results of scientific research and development work in the relevant branches of the production and educational process of the university aimed at raising and stabilization of the economy of Republic of Kazakhstan.
To achieve this goal IMAT carries out the following activities:
- conducting fundamental and applied research in the field of natural and technical sciences;
- the creation of own technics, technology and materials;
- participation design and development of scientific and technical programs and projects;
- assistance in training of highly qualified scientific personnel and specialists at the university;
- organization of scientific-technical and technical-economic expertise carried out in scientific research in IM & AT;
- ensuring activities on copyright protection of intellectual property protection of scientists and the rights of ASU;
- ensuring the use of means and methods of measurement, released scientific and technical products and experimental design documentation, current standards, technical conditions and other regulatory documentation, the state system of certification, standardization and metrology;
- development and strengthening of the material and technical base of the university to ensure the educational process and scientific research;
- contributing the training and educational process at the Atyrau State University;
- involvement of Bachelor, Master’s and Doctor’s degree students to participate in the scientific research carried out in IM & AT;
11. information support in conducted IM & AT;
Chief, Candidate of chemical sciences Tulemissova Gulzhamal Bagitovna
At the present time the laboratory conducts research in the following directions:
- Investigation of the hydrological and hydrochemical mode of the Ural-Caspian basin;
- Assessment of the toxic pollution level of water in the Ural and Kigach rivers;
- Food Toxicology Studies;
- The study of the ecological state of the air basin of Atyrau in residential areas, in transport highways and in industrial areas;
- Determination of heavy metals in soils;
- Determination of heavy metals in biological materials.
The laboratory "Toxicology" center is certified in the following areas of activity: drinking, natural, waste and groundwater.
In the future intended to be certified in the following areas: atmospheric air, working area; soil, food, biological materials.
The material and technical base of the laboratory is the latest measuring and auxiliary devices. Sampling for analysis is carried out by modern sampling equipment. While performing analyzes, a wide range of methods is used: titrimetric, spectrophotometric, potentiometric, fluorimetric, chromatographic, atomic emission spectrometry, IR spectrometry, etc. During conducting analyzes, automatic control of measurements is carried out, thereby increasing their accuracy.
- Collection and processing of materials of hydrochemistry, toxicology, hydrobiology and ichthyology;
- Improving methods for assessing the status of aquatic ecosystems and biological resources of water bodies of transboundary basins;
- Collection and processing of air quality data in the studied areas;
- Creating a database on the content of heavy metals in food;
- Analysis of the collected material and the forecast state;
- Conduct scientific and practical conferences and seminars in the field of environmental problems in the region;
- Implementation of international cooperation in the field of environmental monitoring of the Caspian Sea water areas.