Museum of Kh.Dosmukhamedov Atyrau University consists of two parts:
· University history Museum
· Museum of archaeology
The purpose of the Museum is to familiarize students with the history, scientists, and famous figures of the University, organize work on Patriotic and ideological and spiritual education, and promote the history of Alash, teacher, and scientist Khalel Dosmukhamedov;
- Research and production activities related to the identification, research, recording, storage and promotion of archaeological heritage sites that have been destroyed or are threatened with extinction, related to the impact of construction works and natural and environmental activities on the territory of the West Kazakhstan region (urban planning, water supply, land management, construction, land reclamation and others);
- involvement of master students and students in archaeological excavations and the formation of their skills in conducting scientific research works;
The University history Museum was established in 2001.
The Museum houses exhibits that tell about the history of the formation and development of the University. Exhibition dedicated to the founder of the University Temirgaliyev Kuspan Espendievich, who lives on the street of the University, photos And works of prominent scientists. The collection of historical exhibits and photographic documents displayed in the hall includes more than 1500 exhibits, including data in the stock Department. A special place in the Museum is occupied by an exhibition dedicated to the life and work of an outstanding figure Alash, teacher, scientist Kh.Dosmukhamedov.
In addition, the Museum of history of the University, in this educational institution, you can get information about people who after working at the University have contributed to the development and prosperity of the country, as well as about graduates, faculty and modern life of the University.
The Museum is divided into the following exhibitions depending on the stage of development of the University.
1. Guryev teachers Institute
2. Guryev pedagogical Institute
3. Atyrau pedagogical Institute
4. Kh.Dosmukhamedov Atyrau pedagogical Institute
5. Kh.Dosmukhamedov Atyrau State University
6. The chronicle of rectors
7. Dear professors
8. Doctors of Science
9. Our graduates are our pride
10. Culture is a mirror of the world of humanity
11. Sport-beauty of life
Museum of archaeology
On December 12, 2005, it was opened in order to implement the state program "Cultural heritage", dedicated to the 55th anniversary of Atyrau state University. The Museum's collections contain skeletons and minerals of animals that lived in the Cretaceous period, Neolithic tools, gold jewelry of a Sarmatian woman of the 3rd century BC, bronze age monuments, valuable data from the medieval Sarayshyk, Aktobe-Laeti cities, documents and exhibits related to the Ethnography of the Kazakh people. The Museum has 1500 exhibits, including the stock part. Historical exhibits of the Museum of archeology will be presented in the following groups.
1. Chalk period
2. The Neolithic period
3. Archaeological sites of the Sarmatian period
4. Medieval cities of Sarayshyk and Aktobe-Laeti